Thursday, June 21, 2012

Inclusive schooling - Hope my decision is right!


Its quite some time I blogged., mostly because of priority changes, when there is minimum time. As years go by, the differences between Abhi and any other kid of his age, seems to be increasing. Though the society awareness is increasing, Our Indian society has to change a lot still. It is always a concern in parents mind about their child’s future.
    Now Abhi is in 9th grade and which means lot of studying and writing in Indian education system!. He writes very slow, so he needs my help in completing his notes/homework.  I am very sure that he has a knowledge to get a score of 70-75%, but manages to get only 55-60. This I feel due to his writing difficulties. When he tries to complete an answer, he omits punctuations, sometimes grammar in the sentences.
    All these have made me to look for the additional facilities and concessions (like scribe) given by the government for these children. I feel I have to start the process by this mid-year so that for the 10th examination we will be ready. Now I have very little info on the process itself.

Sometimes I have even thought whether I did it right to put Abhi in a normal school.? Am I giving too much pressure on him? Was there any alternative to this education which I didnt look into or aware of?