Thursday, June 7, 2007

Gods Precious Gift - A Prologue

Some one told that a mother's world is always revolves around her children. HOW TRUE...
I have dedicated this blog to my son and his achievements

A short introduction to us....

My son Abhi, was identified to be a child with mild cerebral palsy (CP) at the age of around 1 and a 1/2 years. He has gross and fine motor problems. Luckily (GODs grace) he have a good IQ.

I am always touched by the article of Emily Perl Kingsley "Welcome to Holland". She has described the feeling exactly - what every parent of a special need child undergoes.

After 10 years of software career, I decided to take a break from the career for the good of my son. So that I have more time for his physio, exercises and studies. Definitely I beleive it has done good. Atleast I have that satisfaction.

As of now he goes to normal stream school at Akshayah Matriculation School. The teachers and his friends are all very supportive. Abhi is very soft, helpful and a sweet child. He talks a lot. He likes to participate in school events. He like to do whatever the kids of his age does. He passed Dakshina Baratha Hindi Prachara sabha' s Hindi "Prathamic" examination. He wanted to learn and write the exam along with his friends. He showed me that he can do!

He is definitely "Gods Precious Gift" to us. God has chosen us as his trusted parents to take care of this delicate but precious gift with utmost love and care. One of his favourite teacher once told me "Abhi is so good,You are Lucky to have him as your son".